SPECIALISED NUTRITION COURSE
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Specialised Nutrition Certification is the ultimate in Nutrition Certifications on the market! Unlocking the food groups and fundamentals of well-balanced eating, the Nutrition Course will give you all you need to become a Nutritional advisor!
This Nutrition Course is ideal for anyone wanting to learn more about nutrition, healthy eating in either their own lives or to advise clientele.
The Specialised Nutrition Certification is a scientifically based certificate which is designed to educate students on evidence based nutritional principles that can stand the test of time!
In addition, candidates will be able to make recommendations about meeting sports nutrition needs of individuals involved in sporting or fitness related activity as well as provide information about legal and illegal substances.
This Nutrition Course is available for learners wishing to complete their course via correspondence (book format) or online.
Merchandise included in your course:
- Course learner guide
- Course assessment guides (correspondence only)
- Trifocus kit bag
- Trifocus cap
- Branded Trifocus T-shirt
Course modules include:
- Fundamental nutrition
- Design a nutritional plan for clients.
- Learn how to read and interpret food labels.
- Give advice on nutritional supplements.
- Fundamentals of the GI
- Learn what GI is.
- Tell the difference between ‘low GI’ and ‘high GI foods’.
- Discover how to manage metabolic diseases using the GI Index.
- Specialised populations nutrition
- Learn the unique nutritional needs of special populations.
- Advise special populations on their nutritional requirements.
- Learn to identify the symptoms of female athlete tri-ad syndrome.
- Sports nutrition
- Explain the science behind eating and sports.
- Put together an eating plan for sports people.
- Be able to discuss the effects of drugs on sports.
- Youth and nutrition
- Learn what the optimal nutritional needs of children are.
- Discover how to assess if a child is being nourished correctly.
- Design an eating plan that is suitable for a particular child.
- Advise clients about healthy nutrition practices, clean eating and exercise, how to apply nutritional principles
- Comfortably offer nutritional advice and be able to write up a nutritional plan for an individual
- Be able to apply sound nutritional principles in your own life
This is an accredited course with CATHSSETA for the following unit standards: 10214, 13923, 14468.
METHOD OF STUDY
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the internet, you will be able to complete this course by using our state-of-the art online learning platform. Through the videos, questionnaires and student support assistance on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with informative information and colorful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos, including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long will it take to complete the Specialised Nutrition Course?
It will take approximately 4 months to complete the Specialised Nutrition Course.
Are there payment plans and discounts available?
Payments can be made via Payfast, EFT or by debit order (which is deducted on the last working day of every month). We offer an 18% discount if you pay the course fees upfront.
Are there facilitated classes?
No, the Specialised Nutrition Course is only available through online learning or via correspondence.
Is there student support?
Yes, there are student support managers available to assist you from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
When can you start the Specialised Nutrition Course?
You can start the Specialised Nutrition Course at any time during the year.
What will you learn in the Specialised Nutrition Course?
The Specialised Nutrition Certification is a scientifically based and designed to educate students on evidence based nutritional principles. Candidates will be able to make recommendations about meeting sports nutrition needs of individuals involved in sporting or fitness related activities.
Is the Specialised Nutrition Course internationally accredited?
Yes, the course is CATHSSETA accredited.
What does Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform look like?
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform was built with the end user in mind, offering students slides, videos, interactive games and seamless downloads.
What are the registration requirements for the Specilised Nutrition Course?
We require a valid South African ID, or a valid passport if you reside outside of South Africa. You must have a Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
Why study Specialised Nutrition with Trifocus Fitness Academy?
This course is the ultimate in nutrition certifications on the market. Unlocking the food groups and fundamentals of well-balanced eating, the Specialised Nutrition Course will give you all you need to become a nutritional advisor.
Where can you work with a Specialised Nutrition Course certification?
You can provide nutritional advise to your personal training clients.
Do I receive a Specialised Nutrition Course study pack?
Yes, if you reside in South Africa you will receive a study pack with promotional material (at no extra charge) delivered to your door.
If you choose the correspondence method you will also receive assessment guides in your study pack.
For online learning you will receive the learner guide and promotional material.