SPORTS COACHING SCIENCE CERTIFICATION COURSE
Becoming a sports coach requires specialised knowledge and a multitude of expert skills – whether for beginners, intermediate or advanced-level players – in schools, clubs or private institutions.
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Coaching Science Certificate offers a scientifically based, integrated approach to training that helps you develop and motivate top sports performers. As a result of thoroughly understanding the fundamentals of sport and adopting a scientific approach to training, athletes develop good habits that help them to enhance their performance.
As an accredited Trifocus Fitness Academy Coaching Science coach,you’ll be trained to understand the unique physical and psychological characteristics as well as demands of athletes. You’ll also be imparting the confidence and skills performers need to optimise their sporting abilities and assist them in meeting their highest potential.
The course incorporates designing practice sessions, learning how to manage teams and as well as how to screen athletes, assess and periodise training, and performance.
The ultimate aim of our Coaching Science certification is therefore to help you become an inspired leader in your sport and assume responsibilities for development, within your specialisation.
Course modules include:
- Principles of sport and exercise physiology
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
- Sports administration basics
- Get an insider’s perspective on the social and psychological aspects of sport
- Learn how to plan practice sessions and teach sports skills
- How to manage a team
- Communication for a sports administrator
- Produce and respond to written communication appropriately in an office environment.
- Produce verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
- Respond to verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
- Growth and development principles
- Understand intra-personal dynamics.
- Understand interpersonal dynamics.
- Bring about personal behavioural changes.
- Periodise training and the training year
- Compare and contrast the scheduled training periodisation.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of training,
- Describe the differences in training periodisation.
- Safety and risk management
- Design a programme that promotes risk management and safety.
- Describe an emergency medical evacuation procedure.
- Analyse the most common forms of injuries.
- Screening, assessments and programming
- Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
- Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
- Assess the composition of your client’s body.
- The coaching requirements of special populations
- Identify the coaching requirements of special populations.
- Educate special populations about ergogenic aids.
- Detail health-enhancing supplementation for special populations.
- Given that sports has such wonderful added social benefits (like being a positive force for youth development), training athletes to become the best of the best in their chosen sports means that you are helping create, not only healthy individuals, but a healthy society.
- The ultimate aim of our Coaching Science Certification is to help you become an inspired leader in your specific sport and to assume responsibilities for sports development within your sporting specialisation.
This course requires a Matric Certification as a prerequisite. If you do not hold this certification then we offer our Sports Conditioning Coaching course as a bridging course.
This full qualification is accredited through CATHSSETA ID 67695 level 5.
METHOD OF STUDY
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
Coaching Science is offered on a correspondence (self-study) basis and can be started at any time of the year. All course material is couriered to you within 36 hours anywhere in South Africa. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.