SPORTS CONDITIONING COACH COURSE
A sports conditioning coach is possibly the most important person in an athlete’s life as the athlete’s success is in their hands. Athletes have known to thrive with the correct guidance from a Sports Conditioning Coach. You, as the sports conditioning coach, hold your athlete’s life in your hands – literally.
*** August Special *** 30% discount off all courses when purchasing a course upfront this August
This means that if you want to become a successful sports conditioning coach, you need to be very serious about it. You can’t just think that because you play a sport well that you can coach it. To be a truly exceptional sports conditioning coach, you need an accredited qualification in the field.
You need Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Sports Conditioning Coach course under your belt if you want to become a world-class sports conditioning coach as on this course you’ll learn:
- How each sports person differs anatomically, physiologically and biomechanically,
- What nourishment sportsmen and women need in order to optimise their performance,
- What injuries sports people are most likely to suffer from, and
- How to periodise their training year.
- Anatomy and biomechanics of sports people
- Analyse movement of sports people biomechanically.
- Analyse the anatomy of movement in sports people.
- Adapt exercises – using biomechanical principles – for a particular sports person.
- Sports nutrition
- Explain the science behind eating and sports.
- Put together an eating plan for sports people.
- Be able to discuss the effects of drugs on sports.
- Common injuries, illnesses and special considerations
- Describe the implications of exercise for sports people at risk.
- Detail contraindications of exercise for sports people with common injuries.
- Examine the benefits and risks of exercise for sports people with communicable diseases.
- Periodise training and the training year
- Compare and contrast the schedules training periodisation.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of training.
- Describe the differences in training periodisation.
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
- Know how the body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
- Get a solid grounding in the fundamentals of sports coaching.
- Learn what it takes to optimise your athlete’s performance.
- Take advantage of the growing trend that is sports coaching.
This skills course is accredited with CATHSSETA ID FIT/SPCONDCOACH/5/0091 Level 5.
You will be able to work both locally and internationally through REPSSA as a sports coach.
METHOD OF STUDY
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the Internet, we offer an exciting and dynamic online learning platform. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal, you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with informative and colorful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning. With this, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
- Deposit R 3 300,00
- R 1 733,33 (3 months)
- 30% Discount
- SAVE R 2550
- Deposit R 2 900,00
- R 1 120,00 (5 months)
- Deposit R 3 300,00
- R 1 900,00 (3 months)
- 30% Discount
- SAVE R 2700
- Deposit R 2 900,00
- R 1 220,00 (5 months)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long will it take to complete the Sports Conditioning Coach course?
It will take approximately 4 months to complete the Sports Conditioning Coach course.
Are there payment plans and discounts available?
Payments can be made via Payfast, EFT or by debit order (which is deducted on the last working day of every month). We offer an 18% discount if you pay the course fees upfront.
Are there facilitated classes?
No, the course is only available through online learning or via correspondence.
Is there student support?
Yes, there are student support managers available to assist you from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
When can you start the Sports Conditioning Coach course?
The course can be started at any time during the year.
What will you learn in the Sports Conditioning Coach course?
On this course you will learn how each sports person differs anatomically, physiologically and biomechanically, what nourishment sportsmen and sportswomen need in order to optimise their performance, what injuries sports people are most likely to suffer from, and how to periodise their training year.
Is the Sports Conditioning Coach course internationally accredited?
The course is accredited by CATHSSETA.
What does Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform look like?
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform was built with the end user in mind, offering students slides, videos, interactive games and seamless downloads.
What are the registration requirements for the Sports Conditioning Coach course?
We require a valid South African ID, or a valid passport if you reside outside of South Africa. You must have a Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
Where can you work with a Sports Conditioning Coach certification?
You can become a sports conditioning coach.
Do I receive a Sports Conditioning Coach course study pack?
Yes, if you reside in South Africa you will receive a study pack with promotional material (at no extra charge) delivered to your door.
If you choose the correspondence method you will also receive assessment guides in your study pack.
For online learning you will receive the learner guide and promotional material.