EXERCISE SCIENCE CERTIFICATION COURSE
It is important – for those wishing to practise any modality of fitness instruction – to have foundational knowledge of Exercise Science.
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Exercise Science Certification delivers a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and nutrition. This will allow you to learn and understand the movements of the body, energy systems, types of endurance training, and how to conduct fitness assessments. These elements are the basic principles that any fitness professional relies on.
The Exercise Science Course is offered through correspondence and online learning which gives you the basic knowledge you need to work in the fitness industry.
Your course pack includes:
- A course learner book
- Assessment books (correspondence only)
- A Trifocus branded bag
- A Trifocus sports cap
- A branded T-shirt
Course modules include:
- What is the structure of bones and joints?
- How are muscles made up?
- How do muscles, joints and bones function together for optimal movement?
- How do the following systems in the body function?
– The Nervous System,
– The Cardiovascular System,
– The Respiratory System,
– The Cardiorespiratory/Cardiopulmonary System, and
– The Endocrine System.
- How do the following systems in the body function?
- Learn how forces interact with the human body.
- Unpack how muscles work.
- Discover what planes of motions are.
- Concepts of Fitness
- Dissect the Three Energy System.
- Discover what the FITT Principle is.
- Learn about motivation techniques for personal training clients.
- Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
- Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
- Assess the composition of your client’s body.
- Nutrition fundamentals
- Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance with nutrition.
- Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about nutrition.
- Read and interpret food labels.
- You can now begin studying the Exercise Science Certification in the comfort of your own home with Trifocus Fitness Academy.
- Our online training platform is one of a kind, offering you a completely unique perspective to learning.
- CATHSSETA accreditation code: 613/P/000193/2012
This course is accredited with CATHSSETA for the following unit standards: 10210, 243297, 10213, 10214, 10216.
METHOD OF STUDY
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the Internet, we offer an exciting and dynamic online learning platform for students. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Hundreds of slides with colourful images
- Progress trackers
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos, including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning for all our courses. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long will it take to complete the Exercise Science Certification?
It will take approximately 4 months to complete the Exercise Science Certification.
Are there payment plans and discounts available?
Payments can be made via Payfast, EFT or by debit order (which is deducted on the last working day of every month). We offer an 18% discount if you pay the course fees upfront.
Are there facilitated classes?
No, the course is only available through online learning or via correspondence.
Is there student support?
Yes, there are student support managers available to assist you from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
When can you start the Exercise Science Certification course?
The course can be started at any time during the year.
Is the Exercise Science Certification internationally accredited?
The course is accredited by CATHSSETA.
What does Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform look like?
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform was built with the end user in mind, offering students slides, videos, interactive games and seamless downloads.
What are the registration requirements for the Exercise Science Certification?
We require a valid South African ID, or a valid passport if you reside outside of South Africa. You must have a Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
Why study Exercise Science with Trifocus Fitness Academy?
Our Exercise Science Certification delivers a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and nutrition. This will allow you to learn and understand the movements of the body, energy systems, types of endurance training, and how to conduct fitness assessments.
Do I receive an Exercise Science Certification course study pack?
Yes, if you reside in South Africa you will receive a study pack with promotional material (at no extra charge) delivered to your door.
If you choose the correspondence method you will also receive assessment guides in your study pack.
For online learning you will receive the learner guide and promotional material.
These are included at no extra charge!