Parenting is one of the most challenging forms of Yoga. Sound strange? Well let’s look at it for a moment:
- We are required to be healthy and strong, both in body, mind and temperament.
- We are expected to be loving and kind, and to practice no harm.
- We have to be honest and moderate, calm and balanced, grounded and informed.
- We must lead by example, keep our families well nourished, and our bodies and homes clean.
- We need to manage time well and take time out.
- We need to stay connected to source so we show our kids that everything they need is inside of them.
We all want our kids to grow up being the best they can be; leading fulfilled and effective lives. The best way to do that is to set the stage, be the example they learn from.
- By being the best you that you can be and sharing your joy with your child you are practiding Yoga.
- By teaching your children to speak the truth, practise non-violence, non-stealing and non-wasting – you are teaching your children Yoga.
- By teaching your children to respect others, to be pure in thoughts and actions, to maintain a healthy body and to strive to be the best they can be – you are teaching your children Yoga.
Yoga classes that are designed for parents and kids will help you learn from each other. Even if you can’t get to a class – at least do the following:
- Let your child guide you in play – it is what they are here to teach us in their first seven years anyway.
- Let go of your expectations of them and instead of being the dictator, be the example.
- Develop a strong body and mind, breathe effectively and take time out to be grateful, relax and see all the wonder.
- Teach children to focus on all the good stuff to share their light and love with the world.
Yoga classes for kids and parents is an amazing way to have fun, make a strong connection to your child and the inner child, be fully present and get a good workout at the same time.
By playing, stretching and strengthening your own body, mind and spirit, you learn to relax, let go, release expectations and become the change you wish to see in the world. Trifocus Fitness Academy’s accredited Yoga instructor course will help you become the Yoga instructor who makes this happen! Click here to find out more.