EXERCISE AND SPECIAL POPULATIONS COURSE
Children, the elderly and pregnant women are the most-overlooked and under-exercised population groups because of their different needs when it comes to exercise. This makes specialist training vital.
- Fulfilling their needs and understanding the increased risks in training these groups will allow you to be a better exercise trainer.
- Having specialist training regarding special populations also equips you to plan successful and carefully tailored classes that serve the unique needs of your clients.
- Our Specialised Populations and Exercise Certification allows you to effectively manage these developmental exercise programmes.
The course includes the Exercise Science Certification to create a bundled course thus making sure that you’re appropriately equipped with the knowledge you need to be a world-class fitness professional.
Your exclusive course pack includes:
- Trifocus bag
- Branded Trifocus cap
- Learner manual
- Assessments (correspondence only)
Course modules include:
- Anatomical changes for special population groups
- Exercise precautions
- Nutritional requirements for special population groups
- Recommended healthy lifestyles
In addition the course covers:
- Basic biomechanics
- Concepts of fitness
- Fundamental nutrition
- Physical assessments
- There are not many trainers out there who specialise in training special populations – so corner the market!
- Work anywhere in the world – Trifocus Fitness Academy is internationally accredited.
- Make your passion for fitness your career.
METHOD OF STUDY
How to learn at Trifocus Fitness Acadenmy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the Internet, we offer an online learning platform that all our students rave about! Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal, you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with informative and colourful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos, including exercise and anatomical footage
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning where we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
- Deposit R 3 300,00
- R 1 566,67 (3 months)
- 18% Discount
- SAVE R 1440
- Deposit R 2 900,00
- R 1 275,00 (4 months)
- Deposit R 3 300.00
- R 1733.33 (3 months)
- 18% Discount
- SAVE R1530
- Deposit R 2 900.00
- R 1 400.00 (4 months)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long will it take to complete the Exercise & Special Populations Course?
It will take approximately 3 months to complete the Exercise & Special Populations Course.
Are there payment plans and discounts available?
Payments can be made via Payfast, EFT or by debit order (which is deducted on the last working day of every month). We offer an 18% discount if you pay the course fees upfront.
Are there facilitated classes?
No, the course is only available through online learning.
Is there student support?
Yes, there are student support managers available to assist you from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
When can you start the Exercise & Special Populations Course?
The Exercise & Special Populations Course can be started at any time during the year.
What will you learn in the Exercise & Special Populations Course?
You will learn about anatomical changes for special population groups, biomechanics, exercise, nutritional requirements and recommended healthy lifestyles.
Is the Exercise & Special Populations Course internationally accredited?
The course is accredited by CATHSSETA.
What does Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform look like?
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s online learning platform was built with the end user in mind, offering students slides, videos, interactive games and seamless downloads.
What are the registration requirements for the Exercise & Special Populations Course?
We require a valid South African ID, or a valid passport if you reside outside of South Africa. You must have a Matric/Grade 12 certificate.
Why study Exercise & Special Populations with Trifocus Fitness Academy?
Having specialist training regarding special populations also equips you to plan successful and carefully tailored classes that serve the unique needs of your clients. Our course allows you to effectively manage these developmental exercise programmes.
Do I receive an Exercise & Special Populations Course study pack?
Yes, if you reside in South Africa you will receive a study pack with promotional material (at no extra charge) delivered to your door.
If you choose the correspondence method you will also receive assessment guides in your study pack.
For online learning you will receive the learner guide and promotional material.