So, you want to become physically healthy, but you’re not sure how to get there. A good place to start is to watch what you put into your body, how much activity you get and to take care of your mental wellness.
What is physical health and wellness?
Physical wellness is when you take good care of your body so that it remains healthy and functions properly. There are various elements that contribute to your physical wellness, including physical activity, nutrition and mental well-being. These elements need to be balanced.
Physical activity strengthens bones and muscles, and reduces the risk of disease and stroke. It also gives you more energy.
It is important to nurture your body by eating a well-balanced diet. The right variety of nutrients and vitamins can help prevent illness and keeps your body functioning at its best.
Physical activity and proper nutrition contribute to improving you overall mental wellness. It sharpens your thinking and learning abilities, and enhances your sense of self-esteem and self-control.
The way to physical health and wellness?
The first step to becoming physically healthy and well is understanding the relationship between your body’s physical health and mental wellness. This means that you need to be able to connect how your body performs physically to how you feel mentally.
Once you understand this, you can try including these suggestions into your everyday routine:
- Daily exercise: perform some movements that can elevate the rate of your heart, like walking and doing household chores.
- Eat more greens: vegetables and fruits will keep you energised and healthy as they contain lots of fibre and nutrients.
- Weight train: do resistance training to create hypertrophy (muscle bulk).
- Train functionally: incorporate movements which benefit or mimic your movements in the real world. Sporting activities are good as a method of functional training. This is because the body is required to move in an efficient way. A huge benefit of functional training is that it can keep your body balanced. This makes it more resistant to illnesses and injuries.
- Stretching: this can keep you flexible, loose and limber.
- Hydrate: you need a minimum of eight glasses of water per day.
- Sleep: most people need eight hours of sleep a night to stay healthy and alert.
- Hygiene: shower daily, wash hands regularly, brush teeth and floss.
- Relax: this reduces tension that builds up in muscles, causing headaches or back pain and stress hormones.
If you understand the relationship between your body’s physical health and mental wellness and include healthy activities into your daily life you can achieve the physical health and wellness you are looking for. Sometimes, it can be as simple as drinking enough water, sleeping or walking more often.
Want to help others achieve physical wellness and be healthy? Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Diploma is just the qualification to start you on your road to physical health and wellness. For more information about this and our other online fitness programmes, please visit our website.