The world’s population is becoming increasingly unhealthy. Cardiovascular and heart disease, obesity and diabetes are on the rise. We could say that this may be owing to the state of modern society and the way in which we live. Everything is at our fingertips and that’s not necessarily a good thing. Fast food and on-the-go, ‘healthy’ pre-prepared meals may seem harmless. Unfortunately, more often than not they’re still packed with unhealthy ingredients that could lead to disease. That, paired with a sedentary lifestyle, can lead to disease and an unfavourable life experience. This means that becoming healthier is an imperative.
If you have been contemplating changing your lifestyle to a healthier one, stop just thinking about it and make the change. Becoming healthier and changing your lifestyle for the better is one of the greatest decisions you can make for yourself. Investing in your health is the best investment you’ll ever make. Becoming healthier is not that difficult a change, either. It all starts with relooking at your nutrition and your exercise habits. It will take a lot of discipline and dedication, however the benefits of becoming healthier are more than worth it.
Expert nutritionists agree:
Being healthier doesn’t have to mean overhauling your entire lifestyle. Sometimes all it takes is a few simple changes … Quick-and-easy tweaks to your daily health regimen can make a huge difference in the way you feel.”
Watch the video below for tips on how to become a healthier you.
There are many amazing benefits to making a lifestyle change for the better and healthier. Here are a few of them.
Becoming Healthier Means Increased Quality Of Life
Changing your lifestyle and becoming healthier increases your quality of life dramatically. Regular workouts and a steady workout regime will not only give you more energy throughout the day will also help you sleep better, leading to a better quality of rest. Working out regularly and eating healthily will also lead to an increase in your fitness levels, which will keep your body healthy and fit.
Want to find out how to get fit the only way that personal trainers know how to get this done? One of Trifocus Fitness Academy’s premier fitness courses – the Personal Training Certification – will give you an insight into the fitness tips that only personal trainers have access to.
Course modules include:
Anatomy and biomechanics
• Analyse movement in a biomechanical manner.
• Analyse the anatomical structures of moment.
• Adapt exercises for a particular person.
Anatomy and physiology
• Identify the anatomical structures of the human body.
• Explain how joints, bones and muscles move.
• Describe how common exercises work.
Sport and exercise physiology
• Get to know how the human body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
• Discover how the human body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
• Know how the human body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
• Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance using nutritional principles.
• Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about food and diet.
• Read and interpret food labels.
• Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring mechanisms.
• Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methodologies.
• Assess the composition of your client’s body.
Health screening of clients
• Conduct a health screening procedure in a way that takes your clients’ feelings into consideration.
• Interpret the information you get from the screening to determine what exercises your clients can and can’t do.
• Help your client set exercise and fitness goals.
Follow this link to find out more.
Becoming Healthier Increases Physical And Mental Health
Not only will exercising keep your body healthy and fit, but it will improve your mental health as well. Exercise is a great stress reliever. The reason for this, says the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, is that:
“When stress affects the brain, with its many nerve connections, the rest of the body feels the impact as well. So it stands to reason that if your body feels better, so does your mind. Exercise and other physical activity produce endorphins—chemicals in the brain that act as natural painkillers—and also improve the ability to sleep, which in turn reduces stress. Meditation, acupuncture, massage therapy, even breathing deeply can cause your body to produce endorphins. And conventional wisdom holds that a workout of low to moderate intensity makes you feel energized and healthy. Scientists have found that regular participation in aerobic exercise has been shown to decrease overall levels of tension, elevate and stabilize mood, improve sleep, and improve self-esteem. Even five minutes of aerobic exercise can stimulate anti-anxiety effects.”
Becoming Healthier Lowers Your Risk Of Disease
Your risk of developing cardiovascular or heart disease will be lowered significantly once you become healthier.
Heightened Self-Esteem And Self-Confidence Comes With Becoming Healthier
You know what they say: when you look good, you feel good. Whhen you feel good, you look good! Exercise will increase your self-confidence and self-esteem.
As mentioned before, the best way to become healthier and change your lifestyle is to look at your nutrition. To accomplish this goal you also need to workout regime. If you are unsure of where to start, you may need to get a personal trainer to help you. Alternatively or you could even consider completing a personal training course yourself to teach yourself about health and fitness. At the end of the day, you will reap the many benefits.