It is important – for those wishing to practise any modality of fitness instruction – to have foundational knowledge of Exercise Science.
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Exercise Science Certification delivers a sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and nutrition. This will allow you to learn and understand the movements of the body, energy systems, types of endurance training, and how to conduct fitness assessments. These elements are the basic principles that any fitness professional relies on.
The Exercise Science Course is offered through correspondence and online learning which gives you the basic knowledge you need to work in the fitness industry.
• What is the structure of bones and joints?
• How are muscles made up?
• How do muscles, joints and bones function together for optimal movement?
• How do the following systems in the body function?
– The Nervous System,
– The Cardiovascular System,
– The Respiratory System,
– The Cardiorespiratory/Cardiopulmonary System, and
– The Endocrine System.
• Learn how forces interact with the human body.
• Unpack how muscles work.
• Discover what planes of motions are.
• Dissect the Three Energy System.
• Discover what the FITT Principle is.
• Learn about motivation techniques for personal training clients.
• Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
• Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
• Assess the composition of your client’s body.
• Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance with nutrition.
• Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about nutrition.
• Read and interpret food labels.
This course is accredited with CATHSSETA for the following unit standards: 10210, 243297, 10213, 10214, 10216.
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the Internet, we offer an exciting and dynamic online learning platform for students. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning for all our courses. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.