Becoming a sports coach requires specialised knowledge and a multitude of expert skills – whether for beginners, intermediate or advanced-level players – in schools, clubs or private institutions.
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Coaching Science Certificate offers a scientifically based, integrated approach to training that helps you develop and motivate top sports performers. As a result of thoroughly understanding the fundamentals of sport and adopting a scientific approach to training, athletes develop good habits that help them to enhance their performance.
As an accredited Trifocus Fitness Academy Coaching Science coach,you’ll be trained to understand the unique physical and psychological characteristics as well as demands of athletes. You’ll also be imparting the confidence and skills performers need to optimise their sporting abilities and assist them in meeting their highest potential.
The course incorporates designing practice sessions, learning how to manage teams and as well as how to screen athletes, assess and periodise training, and performance.
The ultimate aim of our Coaching Science certification is therefore to help you become an inspired leader in your sport and assume responsibilities for development, within your specialisation.
Course modules include:
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and psychological aspects of sport
• Learn how to plan practice sessions and teach sports skills
• How to manage a team
• Produce and respond to written communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Produce verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Respond to verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Understand intra-personal dynamics.
• Understand interpersonal dynamics.
• Bring about personal behavioural changes.
• Compare and contrast the scheduled training periodisation.
• Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of training,
• Describe the differences in training periodisation.
• Design a programme that promotes risk management and safety.
• Describe an emergency medical evacuation procedure.
• Analyse the most common forms of injuries.
• Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
• Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
• Assess the composition of your client’s body.
• Identify the coaching requirements of special populations.
• Educate special populations about ergogenic aids.
• Detail health-enhancing supplementation for special populations.
This course requires a Matric Certification as a prerequisite. If you do not hold this certification then we offer our Sports Conditioning Coaching course as a bridging course.
This full qualification is accredited through CATHSSETA ID 67695 level 5.
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
Coaching Science is offered on a correspondence (self-study) basis and can be started at any time of the year. All course material is couriered to you within 36 hours anywhere in South Africa. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
R2 375 (4 months) Payment Plan
R12 500 Total
R2 500 Deposit
R1 428.57 (7 months) Monthly Debit Order
R12 500 Total
Apply sound scientific principles behind your clients’ sports coaching needs with this Qualification!