Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Certification (National Certification in Fitness) covers all topics and aspects that are necessary in order to pursue a successful career in Personal Training. By successfully completing our Personal Training Certificate you will be able to work as a personal trainer both locally and internationally.
There are hundreds of career opportunities available to Trifocus Personal Training graduates, including positions in commercial gyms, cruise liners, rehabilitation facilities and even private home-based training.
Choosing Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Certification will ensure that you have access to the most current and updated information about fitness and health studies which will give you the confidence that you have put your best foot forward in your career!
The Personal Training Certification (National Certificate in Fitness) is offered online, via correspondence as well as through classroom learning. Simply put: the Trifocus Fitness Academy Personal Training Certification is your passport to success in the Fitness Industry.
Anatomy and biomechanics
• Analyse movement biomechanically.
• Analyse the anatomy of movement.
• Adapt exercises – using biomechanical principles – for a particular person.
Anatomy and physiology
• Identify the anatomy of the human body.
• Explain how joints, bones and muscles move.
• Describe how common exercises work.
Sport and exercise physiology
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to resistance training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to flexibility training.
• Know how the body’s physiology responds to speed and power training.
• Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance with nutrition.
• Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about nutrition.
• Read and interpret food labels.
• Test clients’ cardio-respiratory endurance using well-known measuring methods.
• Test clients’ muscular fitness and flexibility using well-known measuring methods.
• Assess the composition of your client’s body.
• Conduct a screening procedure in a way that takes your clients’ feelings into consideration.
• Interpret the information you get from the screening to determine what exercises your clients can do.
• Help your client set exercise and fitness goals.
• Put together motivation techniques for your clients.
• Use health psychology principles to motivate your clients.
• Help your clients to set short-term and long-term goals.
• Explain what a ‘health-related’ multi-disciplinary team is.
• Describe how a fitness facility operates.
• Describe legal and ethical business practices.
Organisation in the workspace
• Be groomed, keep to a dress code and maintain personal hygiene.
• Know the procedure to follow when you are booked off sick.
• Assess potential risks in your business and make plans to overcome these.
• Give wellness advice to clients.
• Advise clients about how to manage their lifestyle.
• Develop professional relationships with colleagues so you can refer clients to them if need be.
Clientele with special needs
• Identify the different types of disabilities suffered by people in South Africa.
• Describe the causes of physical and intellectual disability.
• Recognise the philosophy underpinning the legislation that applies to disability.
Entrepreneurship in the fitness industry
• Draw up a comprehensive business plan.
• Plan and implement operational procedures for your business.
• Carry out administrative functions, financial and accounting procedures which will support your fitness business.
Exercise programme design
• Design the cardio-respiratory programmes.
• Design resistance and flexibility training programmes.
• Design weight management and body composition programmes.
Sociology and the workplace
• Analyse South Africa workplaces in terms of sociology.
• Analyse the constitutional, legislative and policy issues that impact South African business sociology.
• Examine the impact of sociological issues – in the workplace – on employees.
HIV/Aids in the workplace
• Be able to identify the national policies regarding HIV/Aids in the workplace.
• Detail the national policies regarding HIV/Aids in the workplace.
• Develop a workplace-specific policy on HIV/Aids that is in line with national policies.
Disabilities in sport
• Be able to detail the side effects that people with disabilities suffer from.
• Determine how people with disabilities can be included in sport.
• Examine the similarities between sport, fitness and recreation.
Lead and instruct exercise programmes
• Assist clients to develop their training regime.
• Coach clients through the programme you’ve developed for them.
• Demonstrate verbal and non-verbal communication skills as well as teaching methods.
• Maintain safety, hygiene and efficiency in a fitness facility.
• Supervise maintenance of fitness equipment.
• Keep records of when the fitness equipment was serviced.
Health and safety in a fitness environment
• Explain a particular building’s evacuation procedures.
• Explain why safety and fire-fighting equipment is regularly inspected.
• Decide what safety and security information needs to be communicated to staff.
Risk management in a fitness environment
• Design a programme that promotes risk management and safety.
• Describe an emergency medical evacuation procedure.
• Analyse the most common forms of injuries.
Communication skills in fitness
• Produce and respond to written communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Produce verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
• Respond to verbal communication appropriately in an office environment.
Professional values and ethics
• Describe what professional values are.
• Be able to indicate how professional values function in an organisation.
• Describe what professional accountability is.
• Be knowledgeable about the theory of team dynamics.
• Pinpoint the factors which affect team dynamics.
• Review the effectiveness of team dynamics.
Operate a computer
• Describe how a computer is made up and be able to operate it.
• Describe what computer software is.
• Describe how data is stored on a computer.
• Plan a research project.
• Collect data using research techniques.
• Prepare and present the research project.
Courses are available at any time and can be started when it suits you
Once you’ve been deemed competent in your theoretical and practical components of assessment, you’ll be issued REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals in South Africa) and Trifocus Fitness Academy certificates.
Course admission requirements: NQF 4, Grade 12/Matric, or Age Exemption
Course credits: 137
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you aren’t able to get to one of our lectured classes, and have access to the Internet, you can complete this course using our online learning platform. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you
Please note: If you choose this option, all study material is online. No hard copy study material will be sent to you.
We also offer the option of correspondence learning for all our courses. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.
At various locations throughout South Africa, we hold classes that are led by an instructor who is an expert in the discipline being taught. The benefit of this type of learning is that you have access to the knowledge of an expert in the field who will be able to answer any questions you may have and make the subject come alive for you!
1st Semester 2017
R3 000 Deposit
R3 500 (3 months) Payment Plan
R13 500 Total
Save R2 430
R2 500 Deposit
R1 571.43 (7 months) Monthly Debit Order
R13 500 Total
R3 000 Deposit
R3 666.67 (3 months) Payment Plan
R14 000 Total
Save R2 520
R2 500 Deposit
R1 642.86 (7 months) Monthly Debit Order
R13 300 Total
R3 000 Deposit
R4 450 (4 months) Payment Plan
R20 800 Total
Save R3 744
R2 500 Deposit
R1 663.64 (11 months) Monthly Debit Order
R20 800 Total
Kickstart your career and become an Accredited Personal Trainer with this certification!
From R11 070