As a graduate of the Exercise for Children Certification, you’ll be able to design and instruct exercise programmes for children taking into consideration the particular risks and benefits associated with this kind of training.
The comprehensive Children and Exercise Certification includes an Exercise Science course, which creates a bundled package. This ensures that you’re appropriately equipped with the underpinning knowledge of a fitness professional as well as the specific knowledge needed to teach children how to exercise.
Course modules include:
- Benefits and risks associated with physical activity for children and youth
- Demonstrate and lead exercise programmes, utilising correct execution techniques
- Designing appropriate exercise programmes
- Ensure safe utilisation of fitness accessories
- Plan and modify exercise programmes, according to the health and fitness status of the youth involved
- Supervision and monitoring techniques recommended for this special group
This course also includes the Exercise Science modules of:
- Concepts of Fitness
How you can learn at Trifocus Fitness Academy
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
If you have access to the Internet, we offer an online learning platform. Through the videos, questionnaires and forums on your dedicated learning portal you will be able to have the full benefit of our world-class education – when it’s convenient for you.
Online platform includes:
- All assessments
- Animated and interactive games to test your knowledge
- Progress trackers
- Thousands of slides with colourful images
- Unlimited access to the online platform
- Videos, including exercise and anatomical footage
We also offer the option of correspondence learning for all our courses. With this option, we will send you all the course material – that you will need – via courier. If you have any questions, our student support team is available – on the other side of the phone – to help.