Pilates, which was developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century, is a form of exercise that targets and strengthens the abdominals. This form of exercise is widely known for its rehabilitative nature and is recommended for people with back injuries.
• Unpack the core principles underlying Pilates practice:
• Learn how to set up your studio properly for your Pilates class, including:
– The temperature of the studio,
– How mirrors should be used, and
– How big a Pilates class should be.
• Learn how to teach a Pilates class or Pilates to an individual. The skills you’ll learn include:
– How to explain the movements to your class/client,
– The attitude you need to approach your class/client with,
– How to correct a client’s technique.
Exercises you’ll learn thoroughly so that you can teach others:
• Basic matwork,
• Intermediate matwork,
• Small barrel,
• Basic Ball Series,
• Intermediate ball series,
• Theraband series,
• Basic reformer series,
• Intermediate reformer series,
• Basic chair series,
• Intermediate chair series,
• Electric chair series, and
• Basic cadillac series.
Pilates during pregnancy
• Discover how a woman’s body changes when she’s pregnant, and
• Learn how to adapt Pilates routines for pregnant women.
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
At various locations throughout South Africa, we hold classes that are led by an instructor who is an expert in the discipline being taught. The benefit of this type of learning is that you have access to the knowledge of an expert in the field who will be able to answer any questions you may have and make the subject come alive for you!
R6000 (2 months) Payment Plan
R18 000 Total
R18 000 Total