Pilates was developed by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century. This form of controlled movement targets core development. It was revolutionary in the sense that it was the first exercise form to combine both Eastern and Western forms of exercise.
Joseph developed his exercise modality – which was first called “Contrology” – by studying and practising every type of exercised that he could, from classical Roman and Greek exercise regimes to body-building and gymnastics as well as Yoga, tai chi, martial arts and Zen meditation. All this was backed up by a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
What developed was an exercise discipline that is gentle on the joints and highly suitable for rehabilitation as well as pregnant women who are not able to perform very vigorous forms of exercise. It is still widely practised today, both with simple pieces of apparatus such as a ball and mat to more complicated machinery such as the reformer and the electric chair.
Now is your chance to become a qualified Pilates instructor with Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Comprehensive Pilates Certification. On this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know – from the basic mat and ballwork exercises to the more complex advanced exercises and everything in between.
Course pack includes:
• Unpack the core principles underlying Pilates practice:
• Learn how to set up your studio properly for your Pilates class, including:
– The temperature of the studio,
– How mirrors should be used, and
– How big a Pilates class should be.
• Learn how to teach a Pilates class or Pilates to an individual. The skills you’ll learn include:
– How to explain the movements to your class/client,
– The attitude you need to approach your class/client with,
– How to correct a client’s technique.
Exercises you’ll learn thoroughly so that you can teach others:
• Basic matwork,
• Intermediate matwork,
• Small barrel,
• Basic Ball Series,
• Intermediate ball series,
• Theraband series,
• Basic reformer series,
• Intermediate reformer series,
• Basic chair series,
• Intermediate chair series,
• Electric chair series, and
• Basic cadillac series.
Pilates during pregnancy
• Discover how a woman’s body changes when she’s pregnant, and
• Learn how to adapt Pilates routines for pregnant women.
We offer a number of exciting, dynamic and interactive ways in which you can learn how to become the best fitness professional you can be!
At various locations throughout South Africa, we hold classes that are led by an instructor who is an expert in the discipline being taught. The benefit of this type of learning is that you have access to the knowledge of an expert in the field who will be able to answer any questions you may have and make the subject come alive for you!
R6000 (2 months) Payment Plan
R18 000 Total
R18 000 Total
Become a Pilates instructor!
From R18 000