To succeed in your chosen profession, you need to have an edge. You can’t just rely on knowing the theory like the back of your hand. You need to be able to offer your clients and customers something that every other person in your profession doesn’t offer. Every personal trainer knows this and they strive – when they start out in their personal training business as well as during their entire career – to get this competitive edge. They strive to be the best fitness professional that they can be.
Are you a personal trainer in the making? Do you want to find out how to get that competitive edge over your peers? Here’s how to do this.
Tricks of the Personal Training Trade
Get an Accredited Personal Training Certificate
First and foremost, before you even THINK about embarking on a career as a personal trainer, you need an accredited personal training certificate.
Any personal training certificate should be accredited with the following bodies:
- The South Qualifications Authority (SAQA),
- Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA), and
- The Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa (REPPSA).
You need to go with a personal training certification like the one on offer at Trifocus Fitness Academy:
- SAQA has given our personal training certification a level 5 with the reference code 23374,
- We are accredited at CATHSSETA with code 613/P/000193/2012,
- All Trifocus Fitness Academy personal training certification graduates are automatically enrolled in REPPSA.
Learn how to Manage your Personal Training clients’ nutritional needs
The saying “You are what you eat” is true: no matter how hard you exercise unless you supplement your workout routine with the correct diet, you mind as well stay at home on the couch.
We, at Trifocus Fitness Academy, know this which is why – on our Personal Training Certification – we’ve included a module on nutrition. Here you’ll learn, among others:
• Advise your clients on how to enhance their performance with nutrition.
• Identify and correct people’s misconceptions about nutrition.
• Read and interpret food labels.
Become a Personal Trainer who’s an Expert Motivator
You can be the best personal trainer out there, however if you can’t motivate your personal training clients to get to the gym in the first place you won’t be successful at your personal training job at all.
This is why Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Certification includes a module on how to motivate your personal training clients. Among others, you’ll learn how to:
• Put together motivation techniques for your clients.
• Use health psychology principles to motivate your clients.
• Help your clients to set short-term and long-term goals.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up for Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Certification today! (Need some extra motivation to register? Watch this video to find out why Trifocus Fitness Academy is the best fitness college to study at.)