Many, many fitness enthusiasts are deciding to choose personal training as a career in fitness. Why? Because it’s an industry that’s growing exponentially in the world.
According to market reports released in November 2016:
“The Personal Trainers industry has enjoyed steady growth over the past five years, fueled by rising demand for weight-loss services and greater interest in customized workout regimes.”
The same report says that the personal trainer industry – as the time of going to print – employed just under 100 000 personal trainers!
So if your heart is set on becoming a personal trainer, you need to read this article.
What can you Expect to get out of a Career in Personal Training?
The World is Your Oyster with a Personal Training Qualification under your Belt
Being a personal trainer is one of the most flexible career paths you can choose. Armed with an accredited certification as a personal trainer – like the Personal Training Certification or the Personal Training Diploma offered by Trifocus Fitness Academy – you can work anywhere! Popular choices include:
- Commercial health clubs,
- Private gyms,
- Cruise liners, and
- Travelling to clients’ homes.
Modules in these personal training qualifications include:
- Apply anatomical and biomechanical principles to exercise,
- Apply anatomical and physiological tenets to physical movement,
- Dissect sport and exercise physiology,
- Understand the fundamentals of nutrition,
- Learn about the different health assessment techniques and how to apply these,
- Become aware of – and know how to use – motivation techniques for your personal training clients,
- Apply holistic wellness concepts to your clients’ wellness,
- Learn how to deal with personal training clients who have special needs,
- Design exercise programmes that are tailor made for each client,
- Get to know the principles of how to run your own business in the fitness industry,
- Learn what it takes to run a fitness facility according to health and safety standards,
- Learn how to maintain fitness equipment.
Your Personal Training Qualification Allows You Flexible Working Hours
In your daily commute to and from the office, do you often find yourself day-dreamining about using your time more productively and avoiding the traffic time-waster? Do you fervently wish that you could have flexible working hours? Well, if you decide to become a personal trainer you can design your own working hours as and when it suits you.
The National Academy of Sports Medicine agrees:
“Personal training is a unique career that lends itself to both part-time and full-time opportunities. Whether you’re just launching into the job market or already established in a different career, part-time personal training can be an ideal entry point into the fitness industry.”
Your Personal Training Certification will Allow you to Write Your Own Paycheck
As a personal trainer, you are an entrepreneur. You are the face of your business and it’s up to you whether or not your business succeeds or fails. You need to be out there, promoting your brand so that you can get clients and get them to stay with you.
Athlete and coach, Dr David Ryan, has some tips for personal trainers to get more revenue:
- Training groups or multiple clients simultaneously can mean big money for you.
- Offering free training sessions occassionally is a great way to gain new clients.
- Special services like grocery shopping consultation trips will set you apart.
Are you superkeen to drive right in to the industry? Yes? We’re glad! However, before you do, you need to know this first.
All Personal Trainers Need an Accredited Qualification
As a personal trainer, you need to do one of the fitness courses that is both locally and internationally recognised such as the Personal Training Certification and the Personal Training Diploma offered by Trifocus Fitness Academy which are accredited with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), the Culture, Art, Tourism, Hospitality, and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA) as well as the Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa (REPSSA).
Why Not Consider Trifocus Fitness Academy’s Personal Training Course?
Trifocus Fitness Academy’s newest personal training qualification – the Personal Training Course – is latest personal training offering by this accredited fitness college. It offers all the features and benefits of the certification and diploma but with something extra… When you choose to study this course, you’ll be able to qualify as a personal trainer in as little as 3 MONTHS! This means that you’ll be one step closer to following your dream – in a fraction of the time. Click here to learn more.
So what are you waiting for? Follow this link to contact Trifocus Fitness Academy about becoming a personal trainer today!